Qigong Swings & Stances
Grounded stability in relaxed movement
Qigong Swings & Stances introduces you to the method of transferring your weight and turning in different leg postures. Through the practice of the nine swings you will learn how to release tension in your hips and lower back, as well as massage your internal organs. By the end of the course you will have learned how to use the strength of the earth to move your body in a way that is fundamental to all qigong and internal martial arts practices. Learn to move while letting go!
- Six topics with clear and practical methods to
get started with qigong.
- Practice video for you to follow a guided session that integrates all the material learned.
- Workbooks for each topic with content summaries, exercises and full video transcripts.
- FREE 30 minute Skype session after completion of course to refine what you have learned.
- Lifetime access to the course. Forever, always.
The topics we cover:
Creating a smooth metronome.
- Bow & Arrow Stance: The posture of ancient warriors.
- Swings Set I: Three swings for the lower organs and energy centre.
- Swings Set II: Three swings for the middle organs and energy centre.
- Swings Set III: Three swings for the higher organs and energy centre.
- Swings Variations: Combining the swings with the Bow & Arrow stance.
Each topic contains enough information for you to have hours of practice in
your own time, so ideally it's best to study and practice the exercises of each
topic for at least a week before moving on to the next one.
The two practice videos guide you through two different sessions that you can choose from (approx. 10 & 20 minutes each) or you can do both one after the other. We recommend doing this daily for 30 days to begin with, then revisiting the practice whenever you can.
Filmed in: Rotorua, New Zealand
A certified Tai Chi instructor and Medical Qigong practitioner, Aimo’s journey with internal martial arts began in 2000. His teaching methods are simple and clear, using both traditional and modern approaches for increased somatic awareness, martial skill and energy development. You can expect a balanced mix of learning through practice and learning in-depth practical detail. Most importantly, Aimo likes to share how the methods found in these arts can be translated to your daily life on a physical, energetic and philosophical level - leading to a more relaxed and easy way of being and living.